Our old stone farmhouse Colli di Travale, in origin an ancient convent joint to the powerful Cistercian Abbey of San Galgano, is situated in the wide estate of about 75 ha, at an altitude of 500 mt.
We offer two different proposals of accommodation:
- the warm hospitality of the ancient convent Colli di Travale, romantic and charming rooms and flats, with discrete and continuous presence of the owners;
- independent apartments for two, three, four persons, all with independent entrances, in the little stone village Prati di Travale surronded by wild and unspoiled nature in front of the natural reserve of Cornate of Gerfalco.
The rooms have wooden-beam ceilings, large windows and private shower bathroom; each have its own features:
· Il Monaco, where there is an ancient truss in oak, that belongs to the church of the medieval convent;
· La Tonda, its typical element is a curvilinear wall, an ancient part of the building, round furniture and twin windows;
· Lo Strego, the mansard with the windows arranged on two sides with a view on woods at east, and on the inside court at south;
· The Room of Giovanni, on two levels with a large window mirrror on the inside court.
The guests of bedrooms have breakfast with our biological marmelades, varied types of Tuscan honey (chestnut, heather, sunflower, marruca, etc….) and homemade cake.
Outside there are large spaces with tables and chairs in the garden, private car parking, all surrounded by meadows and trees. There are beautiful chestnut woods for direct collection by guests of marrons, chestnuts and mushrooms.
Farmhouses holiday is particularly attractive for those who want to get away from modern life stress. We suggest a special holiday for special guests in a unknown Tuscany; you can enjoy nature, hear its pleasant sounds and, above all, you can take again your time and enjoy yourself. The more people move into town, so the need and desire to get out. We can offer you a beautiful country-side, unspoiled by industrial development or pollution.
Massa Marittima km. 26,
San Galgano Abbey and Montesiepi’s Hermitage with the sword in the rock km. 20,
Siena km. 45,
San Gimignano km. 45,
Volterra km. 55,
Follonica km. 45,
Castiglione della Pescaia km. 60