The building that is now the Hotel Alma Domus began its life as the drying room of a medieval wool works (hedificum tiratorium), probably dating back to the early 1300s and belonging to a certain Brunello di Brunaccio. It was here that the last important phase of cloth production took place. The wet cloth, once treated with natural agents and transformed into felt, was hung out to dry on purpose built washing lines. The medieval building was transformed into a hotel in 1976 and although it has now been completely renovated, it has preserved its original facade, which is clearly visible from Vicolo del Tiratoio. The facade is five stories high and decorated in typical Sienese style; a row of tall rectangular windows runs along its substantial base, while a series of quadruple loggia with alternating architraves and arches decorate the upper stories and decorative brick battlements complete the picture. Inside some traces of the old factory remain, such as the imposing pillars which used to hold up enormous trusses -infact a sketch from the early 1700s reveals that the building was once open on the side looking out to San Domenico. Even the most recent addition of a small building overlooking the slope from Camporegio down to Fontebranda features in the Leopoldine land register of 1811.