The Falcone holiday farm is situated outside the hilltop village Suvereto, in Maremma Toscana, a few kilometres from the sea of the Etruscan Coast. The antique farmhouses are embedded in an enchanting location offering a 360° panorama: from the hill on which they are situated over the medieval village of Suvereto, the cahrming village Belvedere, Montecalvi and the sea of the Etruscan coast with a particular background formed by the islanfs of the Tuscan archipel. From Il Falcone farm it is possible to reach in approximately 20 minutes by car the beach, the seaside resort Follonica, the Gulf of baratti with Populonia and the Etruscan necropolis as well as the harbour town Piombino, from where are leaving the ferry boats to Elba Island. In approx. one hour by car it is possible to reach Livorno, Pisa, Siena, Volterra and San Gimignano. Florence can be reached in 1,5 H. by car and Rome in about 2,5 h.
The Falcone farm takes its name from the homonymous hill on which it is located. Already in 1821 it was enclosed in the cadastral maps of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, also if the origins are certainly even more remote. Il Falcone is between the oldest farms around Suvereto. From 1911 on it has been property of the Petri-family, managed today by the two sisters Paola and Rosa, together with their husbands Vittorio and Paolo. There are 100 ha of farmland, of which 10 ha covered with vineyards and approximately 4.000 centuries-old olive trres that are protected from the wind by a mountain range, creating a microclimate ideal for wines and olive trees.
The owners can llok back on many years of family experience a family that has always dedicated life to agriculture, trying to combine antique traditions with modern techniques in order to obtain high quality products. Therefore, for several years, has been followed a project of guided battle in order to reduce the use of plant protection products to a minimum. Excellent microclimatic conditions and great commitment to the farm management allow the production of excellent wines and an extravergin olive oil of renowned quality.
The farmstay is composed of two antique farmhouses called "Casetta del Pastore" and "Casa dei Contadini" that were both completely restored in 2003. During the restoration works were extracted 8 apartaments for 2 up to 5 people, completely furnished in the typical Tuscan countrystyle. Each accommodation is equipped with heating, satellite-TV and completely fitted out kichen. In the garden there are two berbecue spots, children's playground, a swimming-pool surrounded by a solarium, in panoramic position, viewing the valley underneath, until reaching the sea.