Pietrabuona farmhouse, between Lucca and Florence, is set in an attractive rural position on the evergreen Zano Hill. A private country road connects all the farmhouses of the estate, still known by their old names.
The farmhouses have been recently refurbished and restored to a full tuscan rustic charm.
Some of them consist of only one apartment while others have been divided into two or three apartments. All apartments are indipendent and are totally equipped.
Guests have the feeling of being ‘away from the madding crowd’, while Tuscany and its treasures are within easy reach: Firenze, Pistoia, Siena, Lucca e Pisa are the most popular destinations, all close at hand.
Fattoria di Pietrabuona offers fully equipped accommodation plus a common panoramic swimming pool, disc golf course, hiking paths and local farm products as honey, extra virgin olive oil, homemade marmalades and pig breeding. Tastings available. Breakfast is not included in the price and it costs 8,50€ per person.
Your stay is intended per week, from Saturday to Saturday
FREE WI-FI CONNECTION OUTSIDE ALL THE APARTMENTS ( not yet in those of Podere Villa)
All our farmhouses are genuinely ancient. Podere Zano has two big farmhouse, not in the same building,but indipendent. They are both just close to the pool
- Casa di Zano -The original features are particularly evident in the Zano farmhouse. A large fireplace dominates the living room where the floor is made of antique slabs of pietra serena, which are naturally cool in summer. This farmhouse, which sleeps 6, has been last restored in 1993. There is a living room, a kitchen, a double bedroom, a small bedroom with a full size bed (130 cm), a bathroom (equipped with tub and shower) and a toilette. There is also an upper gallery loft area that features two beds
- Casetta di Zano - the renovation of this house has been recently finished. Originally, the farmer's family who lived in the opposite Casa di Zano used this house for the olive pressing and for other farm activities. The entrance is on the upper farm yard where you can admire the old chapel. On this floor: a living room with fireplace, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. Downstairs, a dining area with kitchen, a living room with two sofa and a bathroom. Outdoor a private wood oven and a barbecue.
PODERE CIMA A ZANO lies on the hilltop of Zano, furthest from the state road but in a perfect spot offering panoramic views and utter tranquility.
This farmhouse has been divided into three apartments, each with private entrance and outside private space which includes garden furniture and BBQ. Both parking and swimming pool are conveniently nearby.
- Tinaia (sleeps 6) - There is a kitchen, a living room, and an upper gallery loft area that features two beds. Upstairs: a double bedroom and a bathroom (equipped with tub and shower). On the ground floor: entrance, a double bedroom and a bathroom (equipped with tub and shower
- Casa di Alfiero (sleeps 4) - On the ground floor: living room with fireplace, kitchen. Upstairs: double bedroom with private bath (equipped with small tub and shower), double bedroom, bath with shower.
- Fienile (sleeps 2) - Ground floor: living room with kitchen space, bath (equipped with small tub and shower). Upper floor: spacious double bedroom with satellite TV.
PODERE TREMIGNANI has a very panoramic view the hiking itinerary “Gileta” starts from this farmhouse. Its path runs uphill between the woods and meets the “Valleriana” hiking itinerary just outside the Pietrabuona property. The “Valleriana” path connects sections of the Lucchesia, Collodi, Pescia and the Pistoian Mountains.
Podere Tremignani has a single apartment large enough for 8 adults. A small furnished patio with a barbeque is the ideal place to either relax or eat even when raining.
Ground floor: a spacious living room with fireplace, a dining area that opens onto the kitchen, a double bedroom (named the blue room) and a small bathroom. First floor: a double bedroom and two bathrooms.
Second floor: a bedroom with 2 beds (named the red room), a double bedroom (named the yellow room) with en suite private bath (tub and shower).
PODERE PIASTRICCIO This farmhouse rests in the green woodland between Podere Sondino and Podere Tremignani.
Families with children appreciate the green lawn in front of the house where the kids can play. Another source of amusement is the piglets’ nursery. Kids love feeding them fruit, vegetables and bread. A washing-machine is available to all guests ( located in one of the old stables of this farmhouse).
Podere Piastriccio is divided into three apartments. Conservatively restored in 1994, the apartments retain the charm of the original building. Each apartment has its private entrance and outdoor space
for barbecue. Shaded parking is nearby.
- Casa grande (sleeps 4) - Ground floor: a living-cum-dining room with an old fireplace, a kitchen, a
double bedroom and a bath (equipped with tub and shower). Cast iron spiral staircase leads to the first floor. First floor: a bedroom with two beds.
- Casa piccola (sleeps 2) - Ground floor: a living room with kitchen space. Upper floor: a double bedroom, a bath (equipped with shower and tub) and a connecting room.
- Casa di vetro (sleep 2) - Small lovely independent air conditioning apartment . On the upper floor living room with kitchenette which is accessed by a small narrow road. On the ground floor a double bedroom (bed 150cm) and a bath with shower.
PODERE SONDINO is the first farmhouse you will encounter traveling along the private road of Poggio di Zano (about 500 m. from the state road). This farmhouse has a large balcony overlooking “Svizzera Pesciatina”: right in front there are Pietrabuona village and the cypress tree lined road leading to the Villa Galeotti Flori.
Further above you may see the ancient steeples of the hamlets of Velleriana or Svizzera Pesciatina. A canopy joins the Podere Sondino farmhouse to the metato (where chestnuts are laid to dry in the autumn), making a pleasant setting for a light meal. The Podere Sondino is divided into three
apartments, each with private entrance and furnished outdoor space.
- Casa di Pietro (sleeps 6) - Ground floor: a living-dining room with fireplace, a kitchen and a bedroom with 2 beds. Upper floor: a double bedroom with private bath (equipped with shower), a bedroom with 2 beds and a bathroom (equipped with tub and shower).
- I Cinghiali (sleeps 4) - Ground floor: a living room cum kitchen, a double bedroom and a large bathroom (equipped with shower) appropriate for guests with disabilities. Upper Floor: a bedroom with two beds and a bathroom (equipped with 120 cm tub and shower).
- Le Stalle (sleeps 2) - Ground floor: a large living room with fireplace and kitchen space and a bathroom (equipped with shower). Upper Floor: double bedroom
PODERE VILLA The farmhouses near the main villa are approached by a narrow road with a panoramic view over the old village of Pietrabuona. The building is divided into three apartments, each with its private entrance and separate outdoor space. Outdoor furnishings include barbecue, wood oven, and laundry with drying room for all the apartments.
- Casa di Gigi (sleeps 4) - Ground floor: a living-dining room and a kitchen.
Upper floor: a double bedroom and a bedroom with 2 beds and a bath with shower.
- Metato (sleeps 2) - Living-room cum kitchen, an upper gallery loft area, a double bedroom with large windows and antique stove in Florentine brick and a bath with shower.