La Villa Sonnino, built in 500, when the Restaurant Castelvecchio, and situated halfway up the slope of a hill in the heart of Tuscany halfway between Pisa and Florence in San Miniato.
The eye of the attentive observer will sense the presence of a church on the hill near the recently restored and housing which it dominates: Cigoli.
Immediately below you will find a long avenue of cypresses, climbing is lost in a thicket far more widely than green in which we can glimpse the outline of a building: this is Villa Sonnino.
Illustrious families have owned the Villa Grifoni family, originally from San Miniato and the loyalists who have purchased the Villa Medici in 1600.
Sonnino was then the turn of the 1880s, a family of Jewish origin and entered in the golden age of Italian nobility. His Majesty the King of Italy Umberto Primo granted to this family, which belonged to the Minister Sidney Sonnino, the title of Baron.
Born in Pisa in 1847 Giorgio Sidney Sonnino and then entered into possession of the Villa. From 1880 to 1919 he was Deputy Minister of Finance in two toilets Crispi able to remedy the budget thanks to a brave and austere fiscal policy.
Notable artists have worked at this villa including: Antonio Ferri, Florentine architect and Carlo Marcellini, Florentine artist of the late Baroque culture.
The property remains in the Villa Sonnino until 1946.
In April of 2000 were inaugurated the hotel, the main restaurant, the conference room and other common areas.
Our kitchen (designed and built by Zanussi Grandi Impianti) spread over 3 floors, reached by two modern lifts
The hotel has single and double rooms with bath and a Junior Suite.
All rooms are equipped with:
air conditioning and heating
Color TV with satellite programs
The structure also provides:
conference rooms that can accommodate over 100 people